• The Szentkereszty-Bethlen Castle was built by Baron Szentkereszty (II.) Zsigmond (1817-1891) in the second half of the 19th century. The small, single-story building with rectangular ground plan is highlighted by three architectural elements. The first element is the open portico built in the central axis of the main facade. After the nationalization, the castle was used as an elementary school, but today it hosts the school library of  Pavel Dan Theoretical High School.

     

  • The construction of the castle began in the spring of 1623, ten years after its owner, Ferenc Mikó (1585–1635) became captain of the Csíkszék (Ciuc), Gyergyószék (Gheorgheni) and Kászonszék (Caşin) Székely seats. Ferenc Mikó was a prominent politician of the 17th century, he was also councillor of Gábor Bethlen, diplomat and chronicler.

  • The fortress was first attested in 1456, but most probably it dates from the 14th century. The history of the building is closely related to the locality of Făgăraş, first mentioned in 1428. The fortress of Făgăraş was one of the largest in the province, and the history of the region was linked to this fortress that dominated the surroundings.

  • The manor was restored in 2005 to arrange commemorative rooms in memory of the linguist Kazinczy Ferenc and the singer Fráter Lóránd. In 2008, the memorial room of Csiha Kálmán, the Protestant bishop who was a slave during communism, was arranged inside the manor. In the unused rooms, a museum of local history was set up.

  • The construction of the castle was commissioned by the writer, Ady Endre’s father-in-law, Boncza Miklós, as a gift to the mother of Csinszka (otherwise known as Boncza Berta, Ady’s wife). Today's castle no longer resembles the single-floor structure with corner bastions of that time.

  •  The single-storey but relatilvely large building has a rectangle shaped ground plan. Its entrances are on the two smaller sides of the rectangle. Its main entrance used to be the on the east side, which has a portico with columns. On the western side there is a wooden porch, which connects the garden and the rooms. Since the nationalization the manor house has been functioning as a care home for old people.

  • The facade facing the garden is proportioned by three symmetrically placed risalits, all three of which feature a tympanum. An ornate staircase leads to the middle risalit, which is divided into three parts by two pairs of columns with Tuscan capitals.

  • The Teleki family has been present in the nearby Jucu de Jos/Alsózsuk since the beginning of the 18th century and the two estates were unified at the beginning of the 20th century by count Teleki Géze (III.), who was an outstanding figure of his age both in terms of the life of fine arts of the time and his role as a patron of art.